Old June 25th 04, 08:02 PM
Justin

> How about a petition to ban webtv? {:-\

people are better off buying a used $100 Dell/Compaq/HP with a P3 and 256MB
RAM and going with their local cable/DSL co's high speed internet than
buying a crummy Web TV unit. Some people are weird when it comes to PC's.
Many would never consider a decent $100 PC (even though that's all they can
afford). They'd rather save up for that $1200 mega machine by Dell (even
though they'll never be able to save it up), or they suffer from "I don't
want to buy a PC now because it'll be obsolete and cheaper next week so
I'll just wait", which effectively means they NEVER buy a PC. carrot on a
stick in front of the jackass syndrome. One of our friends/neighbors needs
a PC for her teenage sons but they're kinda low income. I offered up a
free 500mhz PII Dell and a 17 inch Compaq monitor that I'd set-up for them
with Win98. "No thanks, my sons want a new Dell, like they show on TV." 2
years later, they still have NO PC in their house!