Old December 9th 04, 12:41 AM
Cory Dunkle

"E.R." > wrote in message
> In a previous posting, "Cory Dunkle" > had
> the audacity to say:
>
> :The reason I was working 60+ hours/week between my two jobs was due to a

bit
> f a personal situation, but that's all behind me now and I'm gettin'

back
> n the ball with school and moving on with my life.
>
> You shouldn't worry yourself too much, Cory, you're a little bit
> younger than me and have apparently come a long way; you still
> have a lot of time. After a period of long term illness I
> started to realize that so long as I'm alive and well, I too
> have a lot of time.

Thanks, good advice. I do still have a lot of life ahead of me, and I plan
to enjoy it with my wonderful girlfriend and take advantage of teh
opportunities I have as far as college and a career go. Life is a journey,
and I'm enjoying it again.

> To me, a college education is important, even if only as a means
> to an end. And I agree with your sentiments about living in
> university residences too. I've only ever had marginal to
> negative experiences in them, so to resume living in one would
> (probably) be a retrograde step for me.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees campus life in that light. When
I've talked to people who live on campus about it, they get offended and
seem to think I'm weird. It's like their attitude is 'Going to school and is
serious about getting an education? Doesn't do drugs and doesn't binge
drink?What's wrong with him?'. Of course there are the handful of
'brainiacs' who distance themselves from that, but it just seems like there
aren't many normal people on the college campuses I've visited or spent time
on. They are all party hardy and drink/your drug of choice 'till you pass
out, or very immature and going way too far with jokes and harassment and
childishness, or sex crazed morons saying/doing whatever it takes to get
laid by as many people as possible. I don't get it. I enjoy hanging out with
my buddies, going out and shooting some pool or having a beer or two or
whatever, but at the end of the day I don't pass out from drugs, I get done
work that I need to have done for either work or school, and most days I
make love to the _one_ woman I love. I just don't get the attitude of what
seems like most kids these days. I just go on about my life, help others
where I can, and be respectful towards others unless they give me a reason
not to be.

I don't know what the problem is, but I try to stay away from people like
that. It's one of the things I like about going to Camden County College,
many/most people there are a little tight on money and by going tehre they
really do care about their aducation and succeeding in a career. The
professors all seem to care about the students more than at a typical
private university or a larger school. It's just a great environment. Not to
mention a lot cheaper to get most of my more basic stuff out of the way
before moving on to get a Bachelors degree.

Cory