Old May 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> "John C." > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> >> far off can the Challenger be from production?
> >>
> >> Look out, Mustang!
> >>

> > http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ive-one-off-do
> > dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
> >>

> > That's a beautiful thing...
> >
> > I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.
> >
> > With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could
> > really impact
> > Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

> Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all
> the good point of the original's body lines.

It's the only car in recent memory that looks great to me from *every*
angle.

> Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it
> with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

I'm hoping...
The Charger concept certainly got hit with the ugly stick, in the move from
turntable-to-showroom.

> It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the
> looks.

Indeed!
Just give me _that_ body...I'll gladly handle the upgrades as needed.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.