Old June 11th 05, 02:42 PM
Big Bill

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:08:43 -0400, "danjerguy"
> wrote:

>Thanks Big Bill. There seems to be lots to consider. The mech. recomended
>to replace the compressor, but didn't have a convencing justification.
>There reason to replace the compressor is to achieve more cooling when the
>engine is idle or at very low speed like in trafic jams. I just find the AC
>is comletely not efficient. It doesn't blow cold-enough air to keep the
>compartment reasonably cold.

I think John & Hairy are giving good advice - have another try at
finding someone to fix the problem.
On our 92 Explorer Sport, that's been changed to the new refrigerant
with the original hardware, even here in Phoenix, the cooling is
adequate at idle & oow speeds, so I would venture a guess that there's
something wrong with your hardware.
Good luck!

--
Big Bill