Old January 27th 05, 10:55 PM
Erik D.

Bob Landry wrote:
> New to this place (in fact just found it, once I figured out the
> search option in my reader). We have an '89 5.0 GT convertible with
> about 78k miles. Handling is getting a little loose and I'm thinking
> it's probably time to replace the shocks. The car was set up with the
> Sport handling package from Ford originally, but are there better
> shocks on the market now for this car?
>
> Also, any ideas on how to reduce the body 'twist' on this car?

As far as the body twist goes, I would definitely get some subframe
connectors. Probably the best on the market are the global west full
lenght and maximum motorsports full lenght. Once you get yourself a set
of those welded in, it will feel like a new car. As far as shocks, I
know there are lots of good choices out there but I've always had good
luck with KYB gas-ajust shocks and struts. They are cheap but they rode
pretty good. Good luck!
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT