Old January 10th 04, 06:19 PM
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Roughly 1/10/04 07:19, fake name's monkeys randomly typed:
> I love diesels.

Lotsa lotsa torque, good mileage.

> In the US market.. what diesels are avail for purchase new in 2004.
>
> All I can find is a Ford Excursion which is nice vehicle, but a pinch
> large for my needs. Something Blazer/Explorer/4-runner size desired.

There is a 300 plus HP diesel with over 500 ft-lb of torque
about to be available for the VW SUV. Supposed to be faster
than the 310 hp V8 now available, with bundles more pulling power.

> Another new US diesel was that Dodge Sprinter: ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly!
> I think the designer is still in therapy w/ Dr. Melfi.
>
> While aren't diesels available more in the US?

Crappy high sulfur fuel, the european and modern diesels don't run on
it too good. New diesel fuel standards about to take effect over
next coupla years should allow some very interesting units to be
available.

Plus dealing with the particulate emissions of diesels is about
to be available.

> I once had a 6.2 D Chevy Blazer... it treated me well. I should have
> kept it.

Some of the new ones in the pipeline are just as powerful with
better mileage. If you aren't in a hurry to buy, check out the
EPA and DOT websites for when the low sulfur diesel fuels are
scheduled to be available.