Old July 2nd 05, 06:12 AM
jadd6810

Default Engine Shaking

I just baught this '65 bug a few weeks ago. At the time it didn't run. I
got it running in only a few hours. I did a typical tune up, plugs wires,
filters, coil, replaced the points with electronics. Anyways... When I put
it in gear, it feels like the engine is trying to jump out of the back. The
entire car shakes. Once I finally get it goin, it settles down. But just
getting it going is trouble enough. I dont want to damage anything else.
I am sure it has something to do with the trany, but I dont know what. I
adjusted the clutch today, but it still does it. (funny story to go with
that: I adjusted it too much and couldnt get it in gear at all, had to get
neighborhood kids to push me back in the garage. haha) Could it be just a
trany mount? I am not even sure where to look for one as I am new to VW's.