Old December 12th 04, 02:24 AM
BDragon

"Jim" <jim> wrote in message ...
> Hi ,
>
> I have a 1977 with tilt and telescopic steering. My problem is that

> can't get the wiper washer pump to work and I beleive the problem is

inside
> the steering column .... I can get the washer pump to work when wired

direct
> with jumper wires so I know the pump DOES work. I followed all the
> connections and there is no bad ground or broken wires.
> On this model of Corvette, the washer pump is turned on by pushing the
> turn signal in towards the column. The wipers work fine and they are

turned
> on by pulling the turn signal either towards you or away from you (can't
> remember off the top of my head......just want to say that the wipers work
> fine).
>
> My question is should I start removing the steering wheel and going

in
> deep to see whats wrong or is there a test that I haven't done that I

should
> do before I start going in deep. Thanks...Jim

I have a '77 also. I've been messing with the wipers which are reluctant to
run. From what I have learned so far, if the wiper (and therefore the
washer) bench tests okay, the only other place for a problem is the switch.
The biggest problem I have with that is that so far I have been unable to
locate one. If you know of a place that stocks them, I'd appreciate a
heads-up on that.

Good luck.