Old February 4th 05, 05:17 PM
Neil Charlton

"Alan Le" > wrote in message
>> The problem is...the controller code DOES work correctly. It works
>> very well. ISI handles more axis, more buttons, more inputs and gives
>> you
>> dozens of options not even remotely available from Papyrus.
>> But...it does work DIFFERENTLY than what you may be used to. So if
>> you
>> buy a car that has a starter button instead of a key, do you take it
>> back?

> I never understood why people say Papyrus' controller setup is heads and
> tails above ISI's.

[snip]
> ISI's two controller limitation can be frustrating.
>
> Alan

This is exactly why Papy's is 'heads and tails' above ISI. Except .....

I have a momo force on ID1, Shifter on ID2 and BRD Speed7s on ID3 (all usb).
With XP, I can find no way of changing the ID # of the latter two. On the
F1C and NRS, it therefore means that my pedals are not recognised. With F1C
I could get round it by unplugging the shifter and using the momo paddles.
On NASCAR sims, I want to use the shifter but this means that I cannot use
my pedals in NSR. This is stupid - particularly so as GTR and rFactor allow
me to do this.

It appears from the demo that little if any development has happened since
F1C - we've even got a NASCAR sim without a solid rear axle. As a demo of a
piece of 2005 software, it's about as bad as I've seen. However, I'll wait
for reviews of the full package, particularly to look at the multiplayer,
but I'm not holding my breath.

Regards