Old February 3rd 05, 12:15 AM
Tony Rickard

"David G Fisher" wrote:

> Because there are some people who think it has to be done the way papyrus
> did it, or it's wrong. They don't bother to do a little exploration before
> they start complaining.
>
> Dave's right, there are far more options, and it's an all around better
> controller setup system than anything papyrus ever gave us.

As one who has tweaked and tweaked the ISI controller settings without
personal success I would take issue with that.

Also it relies on the Windows game controller settings rather than having
its own calibration routines which hasn't always suited.

Finally I did have an unusually complex controller setup at one point
(separate wheel, pedals and gear change on separate axes) which only the
papy system could cope with.

Of course it easy to forget that the linearity slider in GPL and NR series
was critical to feel and worked opposite ways or was fairly hidden, so it is
not all glory for Papy, but overall the system gets my vote as one that
works well on the majority of machines out of the box.

All IMHO of course!

Cheers
Tony