Old August 5th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

Default Way to go, Mensas....

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 11:18:57 -0400, necromancer > wrote:

>> Dave Head said in rec.autos.driving:
>> Jeez... "illegally drove on the beach".

>Actually, its illegal to drive on the beach in lots of places in the
>southeast. Daytona is one of the exceptions.

Yep - the fun police are ubiquitous.

>> Hell, that's one of the _fun_ things
>> to do in Daytona, so Jacksonville makes it illegal?

>I lived there several years ago, and only drove on the beach a few
>times. Saw nothing special in it; and what with the beach rangers and
>the crowds on the beach, it was more like an ant farm than anything I
>would call driving. And the fact that some people when selling their
>cars would advertise "never driven on the beach," says something to
>me....

Its nice to go down there and park, open the back of your SUV, haul out the
beach equipment and have your vehicle at hand. U can load everything up and
lock it in the car if you want to take a stroll, and not have it stolen, and...
it just beats the heck out of carrying 70 lbs of junk from some street parking
200 feet away. And, of course, most everyone's got a nice car radio or tape or
CD player in the car, so you don't even have to lug that, either, if you can
park on the beach. Then there's just cruising the beach. That's just the
novelty of it, tho.

>> Are people out to make
>> _everything_ illegal? Huh?

>I thought you already knew that...