Old April 27th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Replacing leaf springs and maintaining OEM ride height

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:31:28 -0400, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>When I need springs, I go to the local truck spring shops. The ones
>that do dump trucks and Semi tractors. I busted some leafs out of my
>1/2 ton Chevy and got a replacement 'stock' set installed for $200.00.

This is a good tip. I get all my spring parts at a local spring shop
and have my leafs cut and arched to my needs. I freind bought a 2500HD
and was diappoint with the rear springs and we had a new extra leaf
cut and arched for each side on the length we wanted and it cost us 70
bucks total for the springs and new center eye bolts and we installed
them ourself with my air tools in less than a hour when truck was less
than a week old.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com