Old July 19th 05, 05:44 PM
Bruce Chang

"Comboverfish" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bruce Chang wrote:
>
>> I don't know this system...

> Your response was rather abrasive considering this fact.

Sure, I could have candy coated my response but the fact remains that A/C
work is finicky and if you will neglect things because "I'm not ready to do"
then you're gambling. For me, at least, gambling with A/C work is not worth
it. It's a lot more time and money than it's worth if it doesn't work out.

>> make sure it has no debris in it at the very least but I'd jsut replace
>> orifice tube. It's chump change in comparison to having redo everything
>> again.

> That is a good plan if this car had an orifice tube. It has an
> expansion valve, however, which is next to the evaporator. There was
> no direct mention of system contamination. I see no reason to spend
> hours of time replacing or "checking" a part that doesn't need any
> attention. He said he flushed the system -- if done properly, even an
> expansion valve can be remotely cleaned by backflushing.

What's involved in checking the expansion valve? You said it was next to
the evap. Does it mean the evap core has to be removed to get to it?

-Bruce