Old May 21st 05, 04:01 AM
Harry K

wrote:

> > He was violating the law - cops are supposed to enforce it every

once
> > in a while.

> Ticky tacky rules that define ordinary, reasonable behavior as

illegal,
> sparsely and selectively enforced is not good for the respect of law

or
> for the long term health of a nation.
>
> > If you speed, you know you're taking a risk. The solution is to
> > manage that risk and if you wish to, work to raise or abolish speed
> > limits.

> People have been working towards those aims for decades. Most people

have
> simply given up and just drive the speed they feel comfortable at.

<snip>

Yes true, unfortunately their "speed they feel..." is modified by the
risk of a ticket. While the flow is usually in the posted plus 10%
(sometimes a bit higher), the true 85% speed would be some higher than
that minus the posted or minus enforcement. I know I would be higher
than the the current flow on most roads were it not for ticket danger.

Harry K