Old June 5th 04, 05:02 AM
Mike Levy

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:31:20 -0400, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Mike Levy wrote:
>
>> Actually, 94/95 was the change-over. My 94 Jimmy used R-12...

>Actually, '93 was the first year some vehicles came from the factory with
>R134a, and in '94 they all did.
>
>I think you're misremembering your '94 Jimmy.
>
>-Stern

Not according to my shop. I also distinctly remember the compressor
saying R-12 on it. They agreed with the compressor, said that in
order to diagnose/repair the system when I had a problem with it it
had to be converted so they could ensure it had a full charge, they
had no R-12 left. Turns out all I had to replace was a pressure
switch, but that's beside the point...