Old June 2nd 04, 08:39 AM
James Morrow

im so glad you posted about that ecu chuck as it sounds like it
wouldn't be worthwhile to do the HO conversion. i did a little
snooping around and found out some info about it. Prod #4529334 right?
i even found a place where i can buy one thats never been used for
$450. which is nice bc i was expecting more than that for the HO
conversion. only problem i'm having is that i can't find any power
gain info on it. the only mods ive done are ram air intake, throttle
body spacer, borla headers, magnaflow high flow cat, and i chopped the
muffler. what do u think that i could expect to gain from the ecu with
this setup? i am also thinking about buying a bored out throttle body.
do you think that would help any? i know it's gonna hurt my wallet
though bc it says it needs premium fuel which is about $2.25/gallon
here now. obviously you have experience with the ecu since you own
one, so my other question is how hard is it to swap out? it says it's
for offroad racing applications so i doubt i am going to be able to
pass emissions with it. i still have quite a few more years until my
jeep is emissions exempt so i figure every year i will have to put the
old one back in before i go to get the tests done. any other mods you
know of for my jeep that will give significant power gains short of
major stuff (stroker,blower,etc)? anyway, please let me know if u have
any info about how much power i could expect to gain from it. thanks
alot chuck!