Old January 12th 05, 09:18 PM
BBA

> Less than one month ago, I replaced pads and rotors on all
> four wheels. I've noticed that the front rotors already have
> lots of grooves. I was careful not letting the new pads get

Grooves would normally be an indication of some sort foreign contact

Possibly rivets - or possibly what your seeing is just normal wear and tear.

> dirt or grit on them when installing, and everything was nice
> and clean, as far as I can tell.

Did you happen to have the rotors cut or resurfaced? i.e. happens to be a
requirement when replacing a rotor!

> These grooves are not deep or wide, but I would have thought those
> rotors would still be pretty damn smooth at this point.

How do you know? Are you using a micrometer?

BBA