Old April 19th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default LFS : Check out the website

(Andrew MacPherson) wrote in
ddress_disguised:

(Tony Rickard) wrote:

>> Strip out the forces on the driver and it just seems like
>> a sped up game of reactions

> Agreed. I've tried hard to love the existing high speed machines in
> rFactor & LFS, but without the physical feedback it really does just
> feel like driving in "fast forward" mode. It makes me grin for a while,
> but it's a shallow and short-lived kind of grin, and finding the edge of
> grip is a lot trickier and less satisfying.
>
> However it's interesting to see the LFS team striking a deal of some
> kind with an F1 team. Maybe they managed to sell the "free advertising"
> angle and didn't have to cough up any money.
>
> Andrew McP

Wouldn't that SUCK if they could only ADVERTISE the Saub...err the BMW
team? After showing that picture, they sure better be able to include an
Eff one car.

I wish them the best of luck.
This is kinda like a recurring topic. Over the years, dating back to the
Stone Age of World Circuit and Indycar Racing, F1 and rally and Nascar are
the only racing series to have nearly continuous coverage. At times F1 had
two licensed and several non-licensed sims...yet over and over, the most
recurring cry was for a 'new' F1 sim. While Sportscars and Cart and just
about every other form of racing was being neglected for multiple years,
the F1 guys would continuously pine for another sim. I always found that
odd.

dave henrie