Old September 4th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert Roland

Default black color. smart or not ?

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 11:57:10 -0400, "Pete" >
wrote:

>That may be true. In that case, do things like window tinting help at all?

I don't know about plain tinting. It might help some. However, some
cars have a metal based tinting that is specifically designed to
reflect heat. I have mostly seen it on French cars. It is very obvious
if you wear polarized sunglasses.

>I had a black '00 Accord with tan leather interior, and the thing would be
>like an oven after standing in the sun for a few minutes. I always
>attributed it to the black color, but maybe the large windows were to blame.

I think so. Also, the windows on that car are very flatly angled, so
they make a very large effective area for sunlight to enter when the
sun is high in the sky.

--
RoRo