Old September 2nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

Default black color. smart or not ?

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:15:12 -0500, Tony >
wrote:

>My A4 is black and I like the look but you need to be ready to spend more time
>washing and waxing to deep it looking good. Black shows dirt and minor scratches
>more than lighter colors. Still when it is kept clean it looks very good. If you
>are in an area where it rains often I would not choose black.

Amen: the black of my 1998 A4 is one of only two things I dislike
about the car, for the reasons Tony mentions above. I am finding that
this car's body color is not aging as well as the 1999 Subaru Legacy
OBW we also have, which is white and which looks a lot newer and
hardly shows the dirt in our western New York region.

I would *NEVER* choose black if I were selecting the color of a car (I
bought this car used from my sister, who was an idiot and didn't pay
the extra $500 for the pearl white we both prefer).