Old September 1st 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_66_]

Default Replacing front tires

Just rotate the tires to the rear, and take it back for reinspection.
They can only inspect the tire condition in the wheel positions that
failed...i.e. LF, RF...can't fail it if the bad ones are now on the
rear...that's a different rejection...

I used to do vehicle inspections. That's a technicality that few are
aware of. Used to **** me off when someone figured that out. I asked
the State Patrol trooper who oversaw the inspections in our area...he
said there's nothing you can do, you gotta pass it....

Even though the above is true, I don't reccommend you do that...and you
can run any comparable radials with the Aquatreds, even on the same
axle...there's nothing special about them, especially once worn...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com