Old July 19th 05, 04:35 AM
ironrod

I did some primitive troubleshooting today, and found that they do indeed
appear to be head temperature sensors with a separate warning light than the
water temperature sensor, looks as if both sensors have to close (right &
left heads) before the light/alarm goes off, it also seems that the signal
is wired into the drivers side door switch so that it self tests whenever
you open the door with the ignition on. (You can see why this drives me
crazy.)

"elaich" > wrote in message ...
> "ironrod" > wrote in news:xenCe.433048$cg1.233306
> @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
> > I probably should have mentioned my post was off topic, but there is
> > absolutely no information flow on the Cadillac News group. I was just
> > hoping somebody here might be able to help me out. The car is a 1973
> > Eldorado BTW.

> Sorry, my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. It sounds like some kind of
> primitive emissions control to me. I would trace those wires, and see if
> they lead to a box that also has vacuum hoses attached. Then again, it

just