Old March 5th 05, 01:11 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Craig Wagner > wrote:

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>>I do not know about that. For one, I believe that the ES 100 is
>>more reliable in the wet.

>I had felt just the opposite. I went through a set of ES100s and switched to the
>T1-S and have found that I'm more confident cornering in the wet with them than
>the Yoko's.
>
>Of course since the tire switch I also had a four-wheel alignment done using the
>specs on Miata.net, so that might contribute to the increased confidence as
>well.

It is not so much cornering, it is that sometimes the T1-S tires
just lose it completely. My guess is that the rubber additive
they use has trouble with either coolant or oil on a wet road. At
least, it seems to happen where those seem likely to be present.

For the rest, I am just as confident with the T1-S tires as with the
ES-100. And despite talks of Needles in haystacks, we do have
a lot of rain where I live in Florida.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)