Old July 9th 05, 11:55 PM
Nate Nagel

JazzMan wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>
>>anyone know what size the big mounting bolt is for a Delco 12SI
>>alternator? I'm about to leave in an hour or so for the cool hardware
>>store to get a whole mess of stainless bolts for my Stude engine
>>compartment, just realized I don't know what I need for my alternator.
>>
>>thanks!
>>
>>nate
>>
>>--
>>replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
>>http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

> My bet is metric.
>
> JazzMan

You lose

but I mistyped, it's actually a 10SI, so I guess you get partial credit
('cause by then it probably was.) The big mounting bolt is 3/8" coarse,
3" long. Now you know The smaller bolt is a 5/16" coarse, about 1"
long, although I think I will replace it with a longer one so I can put
a nut on the end like the factory Stude setup.

nate

(who will have to wait until next weekend to replace that bolt - you'd
think that would have been on the web somewhere)