Old November 7th 08, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default 1984 Audi 4000S Quattro brake bleeding

abs equipped?

Are you using a pressure bleeder? Or the old foot method?
What problems are you having?

If you are using the foot/ pressure bleeder method I recommend that you
bleed the master first by slightly opening 1 brake line at a time on the
master, pump if needed until you get a solid stream of fluid out, close off
that line. Do that with all of them and then bleed at the 4 corners
furthest away from the master. There might be a valve that you have to
hold open at the rear axle, but I am not sure of your model having this.