Old March 10th 05, 07:03 PM
Comboverfish

Joe S wrote:

> What do you think of the messed-up head? Are we talking salvage yard

here?

> --
> Joe

Oh yeah! It's time for a salvage or reman head. If you have a good
machine shop you might take your "new" salvage head to them and request
the absolute minimum work done. You might get by with a resurface and
new valve seals (you could do those yourself). Of course the shop we
sublet to conveniently finds something wrong with valves and seats on
every head we send them, and we have to tell them exactly what we want
done to keep the cost down.

I wonder if seats dropping are common on this year/engine. I assume
you have the 1.9 Ford engine vs the 1.8 Mazda. I haven't seen 1.9s do
this but nothing would surprise me with that boat anchor.

Toyota MDT in MO