Old November 6th 04, 03:05 AM
Lon

proclaimed:
> Maybe some Jeep experts can help me.....
>
> Could a 400 Chev. big block be placed in a Jeep (I don't have the Jeep
> yet, so that might make it a little easier) without a tremendous
> amount of cost? I realize this may be a little out of the usual engine
> swap projects, but the engine is very cost effective.
>
> I'm new to automotive projects and I would have the engine installed
> by a pro, but if this is really complicated I might consider other
> options.

? Isn't the 400 still a mouse motor, same block as the 327, 350, etc.?
The Chev small block used to be a fairly common swap with reasonably
readily available adapters. I'd almost guess the engine management to
be more of a PITA to get right.

As for other options, get a 4.0 I-6 Jeep and check out folks like
Clifford Engineering, Hesco, or JRE for stroking up to between 4.5 to
4.9 liters. Or pick up a turbo conversion...or both stroke and blow.