Old September 23rd 04, 05:49 PM
Neil G

Default Tyres Changed - Noise Problems Solved!

Update from earlier posts.

*Had lower range vibration from 1800-2200rpm seems to have
disappeared.
*Odd high pitch metallic sound from the wheels.
*Loss of cornering performance
*Tendancy to ground on the hitplate more

All above have gone of which points 2-4 are directly attrituable to
the fact that I had a nail in my n/s front tyre and hence loss of air
pressure

I really must do those pre-takeoff checks more religiously!

Now the tireless (ho ho) question about tyre choice. I found it's not
about brand but moreover what's in stock. My local indy shop had
everything in stock. But in my size(205/55/R16)? Hardly! Had to go
for Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and okay there are too albeit pricey at £80
(ouch).

Neil
156 2.0TS Veloce 2001.

And he put new ones on the front!