Old January 23rd 05, 05:06 AM

Default I think My car's odometer is screwed up

94 accord. Mechanical odometer.

I noticed something weird. On top of the odometer, there is the meter
that constantly rolls when you drive. It tells you how many miles you
have driven that week. Well, here's what's weird.

It's at 14.5 miles, and then suddenly, the odometer rolls to the next
mile.

Example:
The odometer is reading 1000, the meter above the odometer rolls to
14.5, when the odometer rolls to 1001. WTF? Shouldn't the meter roll
to 15.0 before the odometer rolls to 1001?
That's an example, but I hope someone can answer this.