Old August 29th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Default I need to accelerate my 96 honda accord when i start it the firsttime.

wrote:

> I have 96 honda accord and i have noticed from a past couple of days
> that i have to press the acceleration pedal to start the car. This was
> not the case in the past.
> And once the car is started i have to maintian a constant rpm for soem
> time otherwise the car vibrates a lot.
> This doesnot happen when i turn the car on once the car is already
> warm.
> Can someone tell me whay might have gone wrong?

It sounds like you've got flooding. Have you ever used injector cleaner,
and is the problem worse on a Monday morning, or after it sat for
several hours? Have you noticed a puff of black smoke out the tailpipe
too?

I'd run a can of Techron or a couple tanks of gasohol thru it and the
problem (sticking injector) will probably go away. . . meantime, read
what the manual says about how to start a flooded Honda, as well as a
Honda at extreme low temperature / high altitude.

'Curly'