Old June 16th 05, 05:19 AM
DougW

wkearney99 did pass the time by typing:

> ... I only want to extract the broken tip
> of the old key from the cylinder. It's too far in there to extract.
> Made even harder due to the the spring-loaded cover inside the keyhole.
> Yes, I could pay a locksmith to do this but that'd probably end up
> being more than this old wreck is worth.

Those types of removals are tough. The only times I have done one
there was a hole at the back of the lock that let me push the old key
out using some wire or a toothpick. I still had to butt it up to the
old key or use a wire to hold the pins out of the way.

You could bend up a paperclip to hold the pins out of the way
and then try slapping the edge of the lock against a hard surface.
There might be enough mass to move the remaining key bit out.

--
DougW