Old February 14th 05, 10:42 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Darus" wrote...
> So you are saying that if GTR (which is hailed by many as
> the ULTIMATE SIM TO DATE) doesn't install out of the box,
> then then the poor noobie will go to consoles? Good.
>
> Why would such a person even BUY a true sim like GTR, it
> isn't NFS (i.e. an arcade racer) where you load the game,
> set the controls and then off to the races. If they can't
> comprehend how to dload patches and keep their rig up to
> date, then how is this poor soul going to handle complex
> setups for GTR and be able to use MOTEC?

Er... in which way do understanding vehicle setups and the ability to use
MOTEC relate to being computer savvy?

A lot of people's jobs/hobbies involve a complex subjectmatter and require
them to be intelligent, but only a small portion of them is computer savvy.

As our hobby is essentially computer related, those who persevere with it
will pick up the nescessary skills as they go along(*), but I also think
it's important to not scare away that first time user. I'd rather resort to
my bark/bite if he/she turns out to be a PITA, than have them quit from the
off.

Jan.
=---
(*)Rem.: I didn't know much about computers when I started out. Luckily,
Crammond's GP1 worked out of the box. ;-)