Old July 14th 05, 09:28 PM
Bernard Farquart

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> 223rem wrote:
>> Nate Nagel wrote:
>>
>> > In fact, more often than not, I see
>> > people turning directly into the right lane. Why, I dunno.

>> Less cornering effort

> Not significantly, if you are doing it right. I actually think it's
> that people turn in/apex way too early, because nobody ever showed them
> the right way to take a corner. Which is scary in and of itself if you
> think about it...

I was taught while sitting on my step-dad's lap "steering" at the age
of eleven on family vacations. He would tell me I was only allowed to
turn in more until the apex, then only allowed to turn back out.
(no back and forth corrections) It actually made alot of sense to
me then, and now. Kinda scary to think of me steering a '74
Buick Century Regal at highway speeds on two lane roads,
but that was my introdution to driving.

Bernard