Old May 19th 05, 09:55 AM
tricky

Dropping the engine doesnt make the body lighter ! Just gives you more
room under the back end.

I have the front end with the bumper mounted resting on a saw horse, and
wired to the roof as a saftey rope. The rear has no horse, mainly for
lack of room. I too have loads of tools (woodworking - table saw band
saw planer morticer etc. etc. as well as my welder comperssor ... ... )
and only a 15ft by 20ft work shop.

I used the bumper mounting bolt holes(without the mounting brackets) to
hang the wires from. The front was not too bad but I had to rebuild the
back end metalwork to make it strong enough. It wouldnt take the weight
before I did, but it is good now.

I have some fail safe stands between the car floor and body. They dont
support any weight but they will stop me from getting squished if
something gives !

Rich