Old January 28th 05, 08:10 PM
John Ings

On 28 Jan 2005 19:10:08 GMT, "TeGGer®" > wrote:

>> Does anybody have any information on how to swap rear drum brakes with
>> disc brakes for 91 civic hb?
>> Cons/pros?

>Some Civics came with rear discs (EX?)
>
>You'd need the parking brake cables, proportioning valve, discs, backing
>plates, mount brackets, calipers, new flex lines, etc., and maybe even the
>trailing arms and wheel bearings
>
>I would not advise the swap.

Neither would I. That proportioning valve in itself is a tricky
business. You can't just casually fit bigger, meaner brakes into the
back of a vehicle. If you do the rear wheels may lock right up while
the fronts are still only braking slightly. This can result in the car
swapping ends unexpectedly. Even with a proportioning valve installed
to prevent this, it might not be set right for a vehicle it wasn't
designed for.