Old October 23rd 04, 03:38 AM
Alan Le

"Sales1 at Gamesteer" > wrote in message
u...
> Yep
>
> 64 bit is a goer but only once the game code is all changed. 64 bit CPU's

in
> 32 bit emulation mode = slower processing for the same clock speed.
> regards
> sales1@gamesteer

If I'm not mistaken, the Athlon64 has native 32-bit processing. IOW, with
32-bit code, it actually functions as a true blue 32-bit CPU.. That's why
they are performing so well NOW with existing 32-bit OS'es and software.
Granted, there are other changes to the architecture that greatly improve
performance in certain applications, but it's still very good at 32-bit in
terms of processing alone.

Alan