Old December 6th 04, 03:19 PM
jim beam

SoCalMike wrote:
> KT wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone help me how to program a 2001 Honda CR-V EX radio from US
>> standard 0.2 MHz frequency interval (eg. 90.1, 90.3, 90.5) to European
>> 0.1 MHz (or is it actually 0.15 MHz) interval?
>>
>> Most of the radios have some hidden menu to change this country code.

> never seen or heard of a hidden menu.

unlikely there's a hidden menu.

if the o.p. is lucky, there'll be a micro-switch or jumper on or inside
the radio that can be manipulated. if not, & much more likely, it'll be
hard wired. that could theoretically be changed as a lot of chip sets
are universal allowing builder choice to be selected based on pin
choice. to alter that, you've got to get the chip data, identify which
pins to re-wire, then re-solder very small components successfully.
doable, but not for the average bear.

unless the o.p. can do the above themselves, it's more economic to get a
local aftermarket system installed.