Old July 13th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
jjjoseph

Default LF: 71 distributor

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone had a complete distributor that is rebuildable for
a 71/350/Auto/coupe. Specifically one with the cam that the RPM cable
connects to.

I was trying to figure out why my RPM guage didn't work. In the process, I
found out that the cable from the guage wasn't screwed in to the distributor
for some reason. Well the reason is, the distributor apparently was
replaced and they didn't replace it with one that the cable would connect
to. So, I guess they didn't want to do it right and left it.

I want to get the guage working and found a shop who has distributors and
they recommended that instead of buying a new one, they could rebuild one
for me for a reasonable price, which would be as good, and it would be with
new cam gears, and shims, etc.

Would appreciate it if you would let me know.

jjjslj @ xx dfwair dot net (remove the xx and spaces)

71/350/auto/coupe and is my very first one