Old May 8th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default driving with NY learner's permit

"Andambruzs" <u21651@uwe> wrote in message news:5ff3deda7d67d@uwe...
>I have a question. I'm 27 and I have a NY learners permit. does anyone know
> if I can drive in NJ, Maryland, Delaware and/or Virginia? I would need to
> help in driving to Virginia, but I don't know if it's legal.
> Need help asap!

You should be OK, as long as you obey the laws of New York AND the laws of
each state you are driving through. This generally means you will need a
licensed driver over the age of X (usually 21) in the car with you at all
times. Of course, if you've GOT that person with you, it would probably be
better to let the more experienced driver take the car out-of-state.

So I don't understand the question. NY won't let you drive alone with a
learner's permit, so it wouldn't be legal to drive in any other state
without an experience, licensed driver with you anyway. So what are you
doing behind the wheel? (serious question) Get your practice in NY. Or
better yet, take the road test before you leave NY. The CAR one is so easy,
anybody could pass it. -Dave