Old March 16th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Mixing R-143a PAG and Ester oils

Masospaghetti wrote:

> Napa dude says they will mix fine and that they're actually "the same
> thing". I have Ester in the system now, its been retrofitted. Its a 1985
> Corolla. Only reason i'm asking is because those e-z charge bottles with
> the press top come with oil in them and only come with PAG. (my system
> leaks slowly so it'd be more convenient for me)

Try the automotive A/C site, www.aircondition.com.

All I know is that if PAG and ester are the same thing, then why did
only one of them make my skin itch, and why was only ester recommended
for retrofits, at least until about 1995 (I haven't checked since then)?