Old March 17th 05, 03:55 AM
SVTKate

I seriously doubt that they are factory.
Have you thought to ask the guys at the dealership shop if they are aware of
anything like that included as standard equipment?

Kate
OH... and you are probabaly better off that Midas refused to work on your
car.
Talk about a rip off outfit. Those *******s make a living taking advantage
of peple that don't know anything about their cars.

"DevilPaul" > wrote in message
I have a 1999 3.8L V6 convertible "35th Anniversary" Mustang that I bought
used in 2000 with 17,000 miles on it. Back in late January I got into an
accident and my car wound up bouncing off of a guard rail on the drivers
side. Here's my problem - I brought it to a local body shop who contracted
the alignment out to a Midas. Well, the Midas guys called me up and said the
alignment couldn't be done without customizing the car. The issue? Subframe
supports on the bottom of the car. There are 2 that run parallel with the
body on both sides and one large one underneath the engine. I did not put
these on and I highly doubt that the previous owner did as that was a rental
car company. The Midas refused to do the alignment and then the body shop
owner contracted the job to a Monroe Muffler who also refused to do it. I
got my car back on Monday and the alignment still isn't done. I can tell
it's out of whack and I'm taking it to a Ford dealer on Friday to get the
alignment done with the body shop footing the bill. Does anyone know if
these subframes are OEM? I don't see how they wouldn't be as it's a
convertible car and it would make sense to have them to keep down body flex.

--
Paul