Old January 20th 05, 01:07 AM
James C. Reeves

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> Not at all. GM often puts these useless and annoying stuff on their

> cars.
>> They think it's "cool". The rest of us just think it's dumb.

> Why are you so offended at such a feature? It makes sure people can
> see the flash, and allows the driver to get a firm grip of the wheel
> with his left hand ASAP.
>
> I'm surprised they haven't come up with just an left/right button on
> the steering wheel yet.

Mainly because I'm a control freak, I guess. Part of the enjoyment of
driving a vehicle is making it do what you want it to do when you want it to
do it, not what some engineer thinks it should do. :-) Hell, when they
implement the "drive by GPS and sonar/radar" systems, we won't have anything
to do any more. I guess we can read while the car takes us places. Nope.
Don't like it!