Old January 5th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Need instructions for Driver side 1/4 floor pan replacement

On 5 Jan 2006 14:02:23 -0800, wrote:

>The front driver side floor pan needs to be replaced in my Beetle, the
>rest of the pan (from the back to under the driver seat) is fine. I
>just need to replace the floor pan under my feet.
>
>I have a whole driver side pan and I plan to cut out the front half and
>have someone weld it in after I remove the rusted floor pan.
>
>Is there a good website for this, I have found old websites that no
>longer exist on this newsgroup. I have found websites detailing whole
>driver/passenger side floor replacement with the body off. Can I
>replace the front driver side floor pan without lifting the body and if
>so is there a good reference online?
>
>-Raul

I'd check out the
www.bugmevideo.com videos on that subject - they
make the procedure very clear and it is the best money you'll spend on
information. You don't have to yank the body off. I isn't really
difficult but will take some hard work.

This link has stills from the video and is very informative:
http://www.superbeetles.com/Tech_talk/jul.htm

Remco