Old May 29th 05, 03:23 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Anthony W" > wrote in message
news:sjcme.14997$GN3.8724@trnddc04...
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>

>> i do understand gyroscopics and also realize that it is a small part of
>> motorcycling... as far as your eronious statement about the small tires
>> on those "crotch rockets" and them being prone to going "nilly willy" has
>> nothing to do with the size(which btw is normally the same diameter as
>> the rear tire...in my bikes case, that would be 17") but everything to do
>> with the weight distribution of the bike and the steering "geometry"...a
>> "crotch rocket:" is actually *MORE* stable in a turn than it is in a
>> straight line....its designed that way...but don't take *my* word for it,
>> use google...

> Small part of motorcycling? Motorcycling would be impossible without
> gyroscopics.
>
> The small tires I was talking about are on scooters not sport bikes and
> are usually 10 to 12" and about 3" wide. Apples and oranges to what
> you're talking about.
>
> Tony

well tony in that case i would suggest you follow the thread and realize i
didn't respond to your post...hence the reference to "crotch rockets"...if
you are not the one i responded to, and you didn't mention "crotch rockets"
then why do you feel i'm talking to you? as far as gyroscopics it is
inherent of the design of motorcycles, and yes the handling of a motorcycle
depends on it, but it is not nearly the only thing the motorcycle depends
on....especially with "crotch rockets"....