Old February 28th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1965 Mustang Resoration Underbody Paint

Hi,
Finished up some metalwork on a Mustang restoration I have been
working on. I blasted/primed all the suspension, frame rails, etc.
Basically totally metal from bumper to bumper across the bottom.

Heres the question: What color was the engine bay and suspension
painted from the factory. I have seen some restorations where the
bottom of the car was painted the same color as the body. I know the
engine bays are black but is it supposed to be a gloss, flat, or what?
Is all the suspension/rear end, springs, steering shafts, control
arms, etc normally painted the same color? Does anyone happen to have
a paint code? Or even better a brand recommendation/type? There is
no rust, I put in the one piece floor pan, firewall, rockers, torque
boxes, rear frame rails/crossmember, all 4 fender aprons and radiator
support/front crossmember.

Just trying to get some ideas from someone who has done this.

Thanks in advance.....

Chris