Old March 17th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Tips for buying new Accord EX

butch burton wrote:
..

> To me a dealership is a high crime zone -

All good suggestions, but the guy asked for tips for BUYING, not
AVOIDING -- so be sure to be fore-armed with information, and shop
around for a few quotes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=Sea rch

Sell your old car yourself. OR, get the best possible deal on the new
model, and THEN introduce the possibility of a trade-in. That's the
only way to get an honest price on the trade-in alone.

Do NOT shop without some paperwork with figures. Know the invoice &
msrp on every possible model you're looking for. $500 over invoice is
acceptable, and there will be a doc fee -- typically around 70 bucks.
That much is normal. Anything beyond that is your call, but I'd call it
excessive. I don't begrudge a dealer a profit, but too much is too much.

Beware of added 'extras' the dealer throws on, like pinstripes for $220
or splash guards for $250.