Old December 25th 04, 12:15 AM
Nate Nagel

shiden_kai wrote:

> Spiderman wrote:
>
>> Is it really possible that an oil hose can
>>just blow off (or is that a auto shop scare tactic?)

> It's not a scare tactic...we've replaced many a 4.3 engine
> because the oil cooler lines blew off. Your lines might
> hold, they might not....it's up to you.
>

>>Would JB Welding
>>the area where the rubber hose crimps to the metal line help or hurt?

> Don't even bother, this will do nothing.
>

>>I've read that these remote lines always leak....is it possible to
>>buy replacement lines that won't develop this slow leak (if so
>>where?).

> If you want lines that are guaranteed not to leak, then you wont
> want to buy the GM hoses. Even the supposed "new" design
> hoses leak. You might want to investigate the possibility of
> having some custom lines made...I know that power steering
> hoses can be custom built.
>
> Ian

Just take the old ones off and take them to a good parts store or
tractor supply place... then tell them you want new rubber for the high
pressure engine oil lines for your "forklift" (they won't do them for
on-road vehicles due to liability)

Depending on what the fittings on them look like, you might also be able
to replace the whole mess with steel braided AN lines like Aeroquip or
Earl's which would be a more costly, but likely permanent, solution to
the problem.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.