Old June 2nd 05, 09:23 PM
Peter

>> Dodge Durango 99 5.9L, converted to run on LPG (single point). When
>> running on LPG injectors are disconnected to prevent them from working
>> (or rather the common positive lead is routed thru resistor so that
>> voltage drop on injectors is insufficient for them to operate), and
>> naturally PCM complains about open injector circuits. Alldata is pretty
>> vague about P0201-P0208 codes, and only says "if induction kick is not
>> detected PCM will set the code". Apparently it checks not just for
>> correct resistance but also for the 'inductive kick'.
>>
>> Anybody knows how to properly emulate injectors on this engine?
>>

> If it were me, I'd probably just ignore the check-engine light :-)

I've considered that ;-) However this way I may miss other reasons CEL is on

> But I wonder if you could wind a set of 8 iron-core electromagnets to be
> the same inductance as a fuel injector, and then have the LPG system cut

I don't know what is the injector inductance. Alldata only specifies
resistance of 12 ohms

> over to the bank of "dummy" injectors. The fact that they don't have a
> moving pintle might affect the waveform a bit, but I bet it wouldn't be
> enough to trip the computer. It would add a lot of complexity since you
> would have to put in 8 relays to switch over from the real injectors to
> the dummies, intstead of a single relay to cut in the resistor on the
> common side.

Yep, 8 relays it is. I've considered it, but this would mean ungainly bundle
of wires, relays and coils of unknown inductance (or injectors from
junkyard). Are there relays that will switch 4/8 separate circuits?

Peter