Old July 2nd 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Spdloader

Default No charge, no speedo

"pars" > wrote in message
> Hi Spdloader,
>
> I've been lerking around this news group for almost a decade now and
> just sold my 98 Civic Hatch to this a bodyshop guy who was going to
> give it to her daughter (hope u're not the same). I'd hate to think the
> car is being difficult, when it has been very good to me.
>
> Anyways, you're the first person I've encountered that's having an
> electrical short in the system for this model. If you're not making any
> grounds, I'd recommend disconnecting any of the aftermarket stuff (if
> any) and go from there.
>
> Pars

Thanks, so far I've been unable to find anything amiss in the circuit, I
cleaned the VSS connection, cleaned the connections at the alternator again,
and cleaned the connections at the battery again. I have unwrapped the
wiring loom looking for a short, but have found nothing, after checking
about halfway up the line. I intend to finish up with that later today after
the outside temps go down. Too freakin' hot out right now to be leaning on a
metal car.

Oh, and this one's not a hatchback, it was a hand-me-down from her step dad.

Spdloader