Old July 1st 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Spdloader

Default No charge, no speedo

> How did you test the alternator? Have you done a load test on the
> battery? Check the connections on the alternator and the battery, make
> sure your wired right and getting good connections. Make sure the
> alternator belt is correctly tightened. These are the basics. If all
> this is OK, and you the 30 second battery disconect and it still acts up,
> I say you have a dead short somewhere in the system. You may have gotten
> a bad alternator with a faulty voltage regulator.
>
> Paul.

I was a professional mechanic for 15 years, but haven't the experience with
Honda.

Original alternator tested and diagnosed with an AVR. Battery was properly
load tested.

Alternator was tested with a Fluke meter the second time.

I already covered the basics, but I appreciate the ideas.

The alternator is charging at the alternator, but not at the battery. That
rules out the alternator.

The alt/speedo fuse keeps blowing to prevent it from charging the battery,
which is why I suspect the VSS.

Spdloader